I’m watching A Quiet Place (finally!) and it’s great. But I do need to get to a point in my life where this guy is not Jim Halpert. It’s not his fault, it’s mine.
- In a few weeks, my work schedule will change. It’s bittersweet but I’m glad that it’s changing in the new year. New beginnings and all that.
- I fell asleep early yesterday and woke up entirely too early. If I don’t take a nap before it’s time to head to work I’m going to feel it.
- I’m not big on New Year’s resolutions but I am working towards making things simpler in my life. Part of that includes the following:
- Less worrying about work, both when there and when I’m not. I take things too seriously there and it effects my health and mental well being.
- Put the damn phone down! I’ve done some research that offered suggestions on how to disconnect. I downloaded apps that make it fun to disconnect, too. I improved and I hope to continue improving.
- Listen to my body. I’ve concentrated on my mental health with some success. What I need to do is hit the gym and visit my doctor for my yearly physical. None of this five-minute-visit-and-go; an honest-to-goodness physical that involves a blood test, and whatever else they do. And follow up. I never follow up.
- I’ve been on top of my TV/Movie viewing lately. I’ve got Sabrina and The Haunting of Hill House going on Netflix, and revisiting Batman The Animated Series and The Adventures of Superman on DC Universe. I saw the new Russell Brand special on Netflix the other day too. I like Russell Brand. Oh, and The Christmas Chronicles starring Kurt Russell is an instant classic! At some point I need to knock out the Netflix/Marvel stuff. I’m wayyyy behind on those.
- I’m looking forward to the Christmas holiday. I don’t have much planned but what I have on the list is worthwhile. It will be simple but memorable.
Putting up the Christmas tree.
Haven’t worn my uniform in a while.
From the other day’s festivities.